Wednesday, June 1st - After supper tonight, my team went to the beach and shared testimonies. It was a definite time of bonding and I feel that we have all grown closer because of it. We were at the beach for nearly two and a half hours and I sat facing the water. I marveled at how powerful the ocean was, taking in the sound of the mighty waves crashing on the shore (the ocean seemed a bit upset tonight), feeling the cool sea breeze mess up my hair, and playing with the sand. The sand absolutely amazes me! It's the softest sand I have ever felt in my life, I feel like I could just roll around and sleep in it ha. But as I sat there listening to the testimonies and waves and playing with the sand, I fell in love with God all over again. My God who created all of that sand, and is the power behind the ocean, He created me and He loves me. Wow.
Tuesday, June 2nd - This morning on the way to work, we went over this giant bridge. Like, I mean giant! It was really steep because it went over a river that barges and other large ships go under, as opposed to being one of those bridges that rises whenever boats pass under. Well, anywho, we were going over this gargantuan bridge and off to the west(?) was a cruise ship! It was so cool! It was huge and even from afar I could see the different deck levels and it even had a water slide on the uppermost deck! And this totally made my day, because 1) I'd never seen a cruise ship before, and 2) since how I'm fairly sure we will have to drive over this bridge on a daily basis to get to work, there is a really good possibility that I could be seeing it again. It's the small things (or in this case, rather large) that tend to make my day!
Friday, June 3rd - I'm not a super social creature. In fact, I'd much rather sit in my room and be alone doing stuff then out socializing with a bunch of people that I don't know. And so it is no surprise that I was wanting to do that here at STP. Well, it just so happens that God has placed an amazing girl on my team who I actually have a lot in common with, and she just so happens to be socially awkward as well. So, today, Casey and I decided that we would embrace the awkwardness together and go out and be social. And God is so great! We met people and talked and made new friends! What a blessing!
Saturday, June 4th - Five years ago today, I accepted Christ as my personal Savior. And when I did so, if you would have told me that five years from that day I would be out on a beach in Florida, going up to complete and total strangers to tell them about the love of Jesus, I would've thought you were crazy and quickly walked away. However, God is full of surprises and never does as we expect, and so today I was out on the beaches of Jacksonville, walking up to complete strangers, and sharing the Gospel with them. Crazy, huh? Don't underestimate what God can do!
Sunday, June 5th - A part of our training is to attend local churches here in Jax with other teams from the program. I was a little bit apprehensive about what kind of church I and my team were going to be sent to. We attended a non-denominational church this morning, and it wasn't too bad. I definitely felt the Holy Spirit's presence in that church and I feel that He has got great things going or is about to get them going through this church.
Monday, June 6th - Experienced my first Florida thunderstorm this afternoon!
Tuesday, June 7th - There's this pond here on campus and apparently there's an alligator that resides in it. So we've gone a couple of times to look for this alligator. We have yet to see it, but we have seen lots of turtles and tonight, we saw an otter! How cool is that?!
Wednesday, June 8th - Mac & Cheese for dinner!
Thursday, June 9th - This morning, when we walked out of our bedroom, there on the floor was a sign that read 'Good Morning Delightfully Devoted' (that's our team name) and there were arrows along the floor that we were meant to follow. So, we followed the colored arrows down the hall and around the corner to the elevator, where there was a giant '3' on the floor. We got in the elevator and went up to the third floor. We followed the arrows down the hall and into the third floor lobby where there was a box of Dunkin Donuts along with a note that read, 'Dear Delightfully Devoted, We hope these doughnuts help you start your day right. We were wondering if you lovely ladies would be interested in joining us on an exhilarating escapade to St. Augustine. Sincerely, Satisfied' (one of the guys' team). Do I really need to explain why this made my heart smile for the day?
Friday, June 10th - Everything today, from volunteering yet again at HabiJax (Habitat for Humanity here in Jacksonville) and hearing about the huge impact we Navigators have had at that place this week, to tonight's date night with the boys was a heart smile. I finally got a call from Coach to start work on Monday, I managed not to kill myself at HabiJax today, and we had steak, baked potatoes, and corn on the cob for supper! And for the date night, plans to go to St. Augustine after dinner got replaced with going to the beach and throwing a frisbee around followed by going to Rita's for a cool treat. The day was truly blessed and I am so undeserving and so grateful for it!
Saturday, June 11th - Today was round two of beach evangelism. I partnered up with my teammate, Amber, today and we set out to spread the Gospel. And God, He is so faithful, we were able to share with a woman today, Caroline, and she accepted Christ and so I led her in a prayer of salvation! This was the first time Amber or I had ever had the grand opportunity to lead someone to Christ! Go God!
Sunday, June 12th - The message we had at church this morning was convicting. It got my attention and I'm thankful this church has a heart for God!
Monday, June 13th - When we got off work, it was just starting to rain. I was thinking it was going to be a little rain shower like we got last week. Nope! It was a full-blown, epic, Florida thunderstorm! Palm trees were going crazy and we had to pull over on the side of the road (along with about 75% of the other Jax motorists) because it was raining so hard we couldn't see.
Tuesday, June 14th - Late night DQ run with Kate the Great and Heather = so much fun!
Wednesday, June 15th - So, at the Coach factory, I was a gift boxer on Monday, and then Tuesday I got demoted to package removal. It's where we take all the packaging out/off of purses and accessories. I was not happy about this yesterday, but today, I actually had a good day. Why? I had great joy in the Lord and was happy to be with Him even as my fingertips are being shred apart by evil zippers and difficult wrapping.
Thursday, June 16th - Today we ran out of packages to go through at Coach, so we got sent home at lunch. What a blessing to use the afternoon to catch up on some sleep!
Friday, June 17th - Didn't have to go into work today due to a shortage of packages again, so I spent a much needed 3+ hours with God this morning. My heart and soul have been rejuvenated for God!
Saturday, June 18th - Tonight, all of the KU STPer's went to dinner. And then we all had a great time of fellowship afterwards sharing about how the last two weeks have been for us at STP. It was great to just be able to reconnect with people and to get to know others on a deeper level. The laughter was much needed as well.
Sunday, June 19th - Went to go see Kung Fu Panda 2 as a team and there I found out that they are making a Happy Feet Two!
Monday, June 20th - My friend Lauren sent me a shirt I bought to help support Nick in his trip this summer to Paris. I received it along with two coloring books and a nice letter today!
Tuesday, June 21st - Today at lunch, I busted out the mini Cars coloring book Lauren sent me. Best. Thing. Ever.
Wednesday, June 22nd - Today at work, Rachel and I moved back to our original table, but were joined by Scott and Q. And I thank God for them because they make us laugh and keep us entertained for hours as they tell jokes and quote movies and sing songs. In the course of the day, I think I may have been introduced to most, if not all of the more popular Veggie Tales songs. And there's a joke that they tell, the whale joke, no matter how many times they do it, it never stops being funny!
Thursday, June 23rd - I heard this song for the very first time three weeks ago and immediately fell in love. This morning, after I had my time with God, I listened to this song as I got ready for work. Completely got my priorities straight and reminded me of Who I look upon every day:
Friday, June 24th - Tonight was group date night! And the boys took us to St. Augustine, where we enjoyed ice cream, and roamed the streets of the historic city. The evening turned out perfectly, despite the rain we drove through on the way there, and I can't wait to go back and get more pictures of the oldest city in the United States!
Saturday, June 25th - A family at our church here in Jax invited all of the teams who go to the church over for dinner Saturday evening. The couple happens to be the parents of one of the girls here at STP and they were on Nav staff some odd years ago. It was a great time of fellowship with 25 STPers and these wonderful people! They shared God's love story for their lives with us after supper, and then we all played Guesstures, which was a lot of fun!
Sunday, June 26th - Last Monday, during Rally Night, I was getting majorly convicted by God to talk to Casey (my teammate) about a pretty tough issue. I was scared to death to do it, and kept worming my way out of the opportunities to talk to her. But today, while we were beach evangelizing, God presented the opportunity, and seeings how I had nowhere I could go, I talked to her. It was hugely scary stepping out on that limb of faith, but God caught me, and even more so, He blessed the friendship between Casey and I even more so, bonding us even closer together! God is so good!
Monday, June 27th - Rally Night's message tonight was about identity in Christ and was brought to us by the one and only Jerry Bridges. It was pretty good, but my favorite part was getting to sing this song at the end:
Tuesday, June 28th - Sometimes the most random things pop into my head. Today at work, an old hymn I haven't heard/sang in like three years popped in my head and all I know are the first couple of lines, but it was enough. It had me thinking about Jesus all day!
Wednesday, June 29th - My 'baby' brother texted me goodnight. It totally made my night to know that he was thinking about me and missed me.
Thursday, June 30th - I was called yesterday, told I didn't have to work today. So, I slept in until 9:30 and then spent the rest of the morning with Jesus and writing a letter to my friend Mollie!
No comments:
Post a Comment